Philippines/13a Visa Requirements

Question

I was hoping you two could help me. I am currently living and working in PH and have been since Jan of 2013. I am engaged and plan to marry a Philippines resident at some point next year. I have a working Visa already so I'm not here illegally or anything however I was hoping once married I could apply for the 13a just to safe guard in case anything happened with my employment so I could find future employment here easily. I've tried researching online and I'm getting different answers. Would I need a police clearance. Even the PH gov. website actually has two different pages in which one says yes but only if you've been here under 6 months and the other says yes regardless of how long you've been here.
My question is multi-part I guess. Firstly do you know a definitive answer, do I need one as I've been here for longer than 6 months or not? I'm guessing you'll probably tell me yes but it may not be requested so my next question is. If I apply for the 13a and I don't have it and they request it, i'm guessing they'll tell me they can't process my Visa request. What would happen if I just said oh ok then I'll come back once I have it and then try again either at a different office or on a different day and hope I don't get requested it. Would I be flagged up as previously trying to apply but not completing or would they just treat me as a fresh applicant?

I'm asking not because I'm some criminal mastermind but simply because I do have a past from many years ago that would probably prevent me getting the Visa if I applied with the clearance but I've matured and grown now and this was many years ago. I'm really confused. Any assistance would be very much welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Answer
If you or anyone is uncomfortable with their present immigration status here in the Philippines I advise to go with what's best for you but always have a Plan B. I like to travel so extending my 21 day tourist visa or arriving with my Filipina wife or daughter and getting Balikbayan status one year + 21 days is best for me. But for those who do not like to travel so often the choices are the 13a or the SRRV special resident retirement visa. The governments of the wealthy countries are using the new technology to invade their citizens' lives without them knowing nor approving and they do it to each other so what can I say or advise you about some "ancient" incident with the law many years ago?? Good Luck choosing the best long term stay options here in the Philippines. Mabuhay Philippines!

Philippines

Bill and Lorna Collings