Philippines/Shipping from USA

I have a wonderful friend in Caloocan City, I live in Raleigh NC, and would love to send some things to the family there. So far, all the shipping I've seen is very expensive and very slow.  Can you suggest anyway to ship them some clothing or small items that won't cost a fortune and take forever?  Thanks!

LBC Balikbayan boxes are the cheapest best way to ship cargo door to door; we send maybe 6 large boxes each time we go to the States. It's only U$55 to U$75 depending on location. for large size which can weigh 80+ lbs but they have smaller boxes as well. Honolulu, LAX, SFO and New Jersey are the cheapest and from the Midwest in my hometown Des Moines Iowa we use a forwarder who drives to Chicago every 2 or 3 weeks. So look up LBC nearest pickup or drop off point to you. Most likely the nearest will be Washington D.C. but maybe you can find a local forwarder like we did. Good Luck.  

Bill and Lorna Collings

Feel FREE to ask us about traveling, living, relocating, retiring and investing in the Philippines. Guests from 93 countries, the latest being a female PHD from Uganda, make our place in Manila an incredible meeting place for world travelers who exchange travel stories. We understand both the joys and the hardships of living and traveling in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines in January 1980 to travel for 2 months; I stayed 4 months before reluctantly leaving. I met my Filipina wife, Lorna. an incredible stellar, "one in a million" individual in 1983 in Seoul and we moved to the Philippines in 1986 and opened our 3BR house to world travelers on a budget. After welcoming thousands of guests from 93 nations our place has grown to 38 bedrooms in 5 townhouse units, 4 of which are attached but will never lose its "Home away from Home" atmosphere. Almost everyday at The Townhouse Hotel there's a party-like social scene with vibrant, almost magical energetic conversations between our guests who have the pleasure to meet each other and share their life's many experiences.Often three groups with conversations in different languages are going on at the same time. So we've been exposed to every kind of person from all over the world and shared their experiences. Since arriving back in the Philippines Nov 2011 from traveling for 8 months my wife and I have been busy buying land, building houses and expanding our Boracay beach front resort, Casa Camilla for 16 months. Hopefully we'll be finished by the end of 2013 with a total of 50 apartments, 44 units for yearly stays and the six units in our house to be saved for short term stays.

Publications,, who asked me to apply with

some college 2-1/2 years - no degree - I've been traveling since I was 18, almost 30 years.

Luckily, my wife and I have been semi-retired since we were 30 years old, almost 30 years.

3000 to 4000 world travelers and guests on a budget pass through our guest house style Townhouse Hotel / Hostel each year since 1986 so we do get a lot of feedback and share a lot of experiences with people which we can then pass on to help others with their questions and problems