Hi My Sister, together with her 3 children left Japan in June 2013 due some Marital issues. Now, they have decided to go back to Nagoya,Japan. Since then they never reported to the Immigration office. What should we do in order for them to go back? The children holds a Japanese passport and birth certificate but my Sister holds a Philippine Passport.Her alien card already expired in 2013. What needs to be done?

We really appreciate your response. They wanted to go back asap since school opening is fast approaching.

Million Thanks!

Hello Pamela,

Please visit the Japanese Embassy for more information. They will be able to answer your questions more accurately than me. The rules regarding immigration change quite frequently and I'm not an expert on them.

Hope you understand and God Bless


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nilesh Korgaokar


I can answer questions regarding travel to the Philippines for both business and leisure. Anybody wanting to know the best beaches, archipelagos, coral reefs, dive sites, island resorts, including cheap flights etc. At the same time PLEASE DO NOT ask me about applying for a visa, immigration, customs formalities. Please note that I DO NOT have any experience or expertise in setting up a business in the Philippines or what are the procedures that one needs to follow if you want to get married to a local Filipino. I also DO NOT have any information about how to apply for a visa. For such questions it is best that you approach the local Philippine Embassy in your own country and enquire there.


I have travelled often to the country on business and when here for longer periods have never missed an opportunity to explore the country's hidden treasures - mostly the beaches and dive sites.

India Today Travel Plus

Post Graduate

©2017 All rights reserved.