Philippines/Want to live in the Philippines

Question
ATTN:To whom it concern.
         Hello my name in Milton Harvey from the United States(Chicago,IL)I leaving to go to the Philippines on November 30, 2015. This is my first time i have my passport,I met my finances when she came to Chicago three yr ago. I going to marry her in her country. Now what i need to know is that she ask me to come and live in her country with her. i am 62 yr and I  retired from  my job as a live in nurse, and I am a Vietnam veteran too. She own a store and a Internet shop, plus have a three bedroom house in Candoman Village in Mandaue city. Now I receive my Social Security for now which is ($800 an month) I will not receive my pension from my job until 2016. so let not talk about that, but I contact the Dept of veterans affairs in manila. i was informed that i will receive $800 for service connected.that a total of $1,600 monthly net income for me, my finances inform me to every month to have my money transfer into a bank for peso. well i don't know what the dollar values is in the Philippines from USD to peso. But i want to know can i live off $1,600 every month on that income and can i open my own business. but remember i will be living with her in the three bedroom house. i will help her with bills. but she explain to me no i don't have to but can i still live off that income for a man my age. please help me

Answer
Hello Milton,

I think you can live very comfortably in the Philippines with the kind of monthly income you have mentioned. Filipinas can be very devoted and loving wives and I don't think you will regret deciding to marry one. But you have to make that decision yourself. If you ever face any issue, I suggest you approach the US Embassy in Manila and they should be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

Philippines

Nilesh Korgaokar