Dr. Maciej St. Zieba wrote at 2012-11-02 03:58:55
Dear Pouya

Having been reviewing my past answers I have found that I have committed a serious mistake while translating the first sentence. It must have been due to the fact that I was answering it late at night. Instead of "scire" ("to know", "to learn something new") I must have read something like "scrire" ("to write" - in fact, a verb like that does not exist in Latin, it resembles French "écrire", but the Latin is "scribere").

So the translation of the first sentence should be

[He] who loves knowing (learning?) anonymously, [he] not so much loves the "anonymously" as [he loves] the "knowing" (learning)

or: ... not so much loves its being "anonymously", as its being "knowing" (learning)

(one not so much loves the anonymity as one loves the process of knowing/learning itself)

I do not delete the previous answer, let this shame remain forever on me.

Maciej St. Zięba

I can answer questions concerning Eastern (Oriental) philosophies and philosophers (Indian, Tibetan, Indonesian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese: Hinduist, Buddhist, Confucianist, Taoist and other; alas not Islamic or Jewish) - both in terms of notions and facts (history of their development). I can write in English, French, Esperanto, Polish and Russian, German, Dutch and Norwegian. I can also understand questions in Spanish and Italian.

I have been teaching Indian and Chinese philosophies since 1987, during 1999-2009 I co-ordinated a project on Oriental philosophies within the scope of the Universal Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Powszechna Encyklopedia Filozofii) published in Polish by SITA-PL in Lublin (10 volumes, containing ca. 500 entries in Eastern philosophies, written by a team of a dozen of Polish scholars).

Polish Oriental Society; International Association of Buddhist Studies; Klingon Language Institute; Learned Society of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin; Polish Philosophical Association; Universala Esperanto-Asocio.

Books: "Origin of the World According to Rigveda" (Montreal 1996); "Our Bug. Creating Conditions for Development of the Border Areas of Poland, Ukraine and Belarus through Enhancement and Preservation of Natural and Cultural Heritage" (Lublin 2008); "Migration - a Challenge to the 21st century" (Lublin 2008); "Migracja zarobkowa do Woch" (Job migration to Italy) (Lublin 2008); more than 100 articles in "Powszechna Encyklopedia Filozofii" (Universal Encyclopedia od Philosophy) vol. 1-10 (Lublin 2000-2009); Contributions to the history of the Buddhist classifications of dharmas: Pancavastuka of Vasumitra (Bulletin, Polish Institute and Library, Montreal 1997); many more in Polish; some of them available online, see: here and here (a list up to 2012

philosophy (KUL, Lublin, 1976-81); M.A. in history of Indian philosophy (KUL, 1981); Ph.D. in history of Indian philosophy (KUL, 1989); other studies: Indian and Chinese philosophies (Institut Catholique, Paris, 1985-6); Tibetan language (INALCO, Paris, 1985-6); Chinese language (McGill University, Montreal, 1995-7).

2012 Golden Medal of Civil Service of Poland; 2012-13 Taiwan Fellowship - Tunghai University (Taichung)

AllExperts users (since 12/03/2003); Wikipedia readers (since 2004); university students (since 1984);