Philosophy/"holographic" epistemology (?)

(1) Is there school of epistemology (either Eastern or Western) that understands "concepts" not as abstractions FROM underlying perception . . . but rather as forms OF perception itself (?)

(2) In other words: an epistemology that has a kind of "holographic" view of the human mind as fundamentally an ontological microcosm of all of reality.

(3) So that when a human "thinks" about something . . . his mind is actually taking the form of the corresponding macrocosm (to the extent that he's personally capable of it).

Thank you, Malcolm.

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the question.
Off the top of my head, the closest thing I can think of to what you're looking for is the "Monadology" of Leibniz:
You might also try the other Continental Rationalists (Spinoza, Descartes, etc.).

Good luck,

Michael J. Motta

Existentialism, existential psychology, political philosophy; some value theory and ethics. Interdisciplinary approach to the social sciences and humanities: some background in abnormal psychology, expressionist art, and modern literature. I'd defer to other experts especially in areas such as analytic philosophy and philosophy of science.

Tutor, Michigan State University, Student-Athlete Support Services, 2002-2005. Teaching Assistant, Binghamton University, Department of Philosophy, 1995.
American Civil Liberties Union

American Civil Liberties Union Michigan Audubon Society

The Society for Laingian Studies (giardino delle parole), Lansing State Journal, Grand Ledge Independent,, Property Investor Magazine, Grand Rapids Press,

Graduate study, Binghamton University, Department of Philosophy, 1993-95. MA in Philosophy, Michigan State University, College of Arts and Letters, 1991. Master's thesis: "Nietzsche's 'Hothouse For Strange And Choice Plants'". BA in Social Science, Michigan State University, James Madison College, 1989. Study abroad: Cambridge University, Trinity College, Cambridge, England, 1988.

Clifford D. Clark Fellow, Binghamton University, 1993-95. Department of Philosophy Fellowship, Michigan State University, 1991. National Merit Scholar, Michigan State University, 1985-1989.