Philosophy/Question on Nature

Question
Hello!
In nature and in the animal kingdom, we see that certain animals are predators and prey. For example, the dear is food for the lion and the plants are food for the dear. In the same way fishes, cows, chickens are food for man.
I was wondering why in nature are some species prey and predator and can zoology explain why some animals are destined to be the food for others. Also what is it in nature that give one species the privilege of being on the upper side where it can consume another species as food.
Can philosophy answer these questions. I know that they seem seemingly absurd or unanswerable, but it is valid fact of the reality of nature and science should have an answer.

Sunil Mahabir
West Miramar, Florida

Answer
This question really falls outside the domain of philosophy and under the science of biology, under the subject of predator/prey relationship.  A quick google search of predator/prey will provide you a complete explanation under the principle of natural selection.

Storch

Philosophy

Steven R. Storch