Philosophy/Abnormal What if question?

Question
What would you do if you were stuck in a room for eternity. The room is underwater and you can not breathe, you are also being tortured. If the pain only gets even worse and you can not die/ leave room and you can only ever think about the situation you're in. I have pondered this situation for a long time and am looking for something (ie an idea) that can satisfy me by finding some idea or something satisfying in this situation (theoretical situation of course). Please stop and truly think about this, as the person really can't do anything as this is the worst possible theoretical thing that can happen to anything ever, so what do you think can satisfy? Thank you so very much.

Answer
Hi Pelly,

Thanks for the morbid question.

It sounds as though I'm left with few options. I can neither leave nor die. I'm assuming these are absolutes rather than extremely difficult to accomplish but possible. To inject some real world practicality, I think one's mind/body would respond on its own in short order with unconsciousness, shock, and/or psychosis. I would guess and hope that unconsciousness would be the net result when all is said and done, perhaps passing through shock and/or psychosis first.

Just some educated guesses!

Peace,
Michael :)

Philosophy

Michael J. Motta