Philosophy/Abnormal What if Question

What would you do if you were stuck in a room for eternity. The room is underwater and you can not breathe, you are also being tortured. If the pain only gets even worse and you can not die/ leave room and you can only ever think about the situation you're in. I have pondered this situation for a long time and am looking for something (ie an idea) that can satisfy me by finding some idea or something satisfying in this situation (theoretical situation of course). Please stop and truly think about this, as the person really can't do anything as this is the worst possible theoretical thing that can happen to anything ever, so what do you think can satisfy? Thank you so very much.

Your question isn't abnormal at all.  In fact, it goes directly to the question of the meaning of life, i.e., under what conditions is life no longer worth living?  It is a profound question most people tend to avoid because it tends to challenge deeply held religious beliefs.

Albert Camus, a 20th century French Existentialist addressed the same issues in his well known essay, "The Myth of Sisyphus".  

Steven R. Storch

Ethics, Existentialism and Phenomenology, Continental Metaphysics