Phobias/irritation with noises

I'm noticing more recently that noises (such as chewing ice, eating "loud" foods with mouth open, smacking lips) INFURIATES ME.  Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?  

Thank you!

Angie, I answered this question a few weeks ago, so will paste it in here for your reply...

I have had a few of these questions about this condition. It doesn't seem to be related to PTSD, necessarily, but pinning down the cause/cure is somewhat elusive.

Here are some sites with suggestions:

I haven't had direct experience trying out the EFT process with it, but it can't hurt and there are no drugs to deal with either.

As you can see, going through these sites, you are not alone in your discomfort.

Best wishes,

William Silver

William Silver

We can answer most inquiries about common phobias and direct those interested parties to some appropriate resources, if I am unable to assist directly.

12 years using the TFT and EFT-based therapy practices. Certified in Hypotherapy and have other training in emotionally-based stress and trauma release techniques

Completion Anxiety-Phobia Release Therapy, KALOS, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation therapy programs, from 1988 to the present.

See also sexual trauma and molestation healing assistance in AllExperts.