Phobias/Drug Phobia

When i was younger i drank a lot and i also smoked, once after smoking some weed i got a panic attack, i thought i'd die, after that i had panic attacks just by thinking about drugs or smoking or by being around people drinking. I always monitored myself and whenever my body did something i didn't know what it was, i got anxious. Since then i managed to tone that down, i haven't drank or smoke ever since but still i have a problem, if i even have to talk about drugs i feel bad and it makes life really hard when i can'T sleep for days because I'm worried about things like this. I have to wash my hands real often... I would like to know what could i do to make this stop.
Thank you

Hi, This is a phobia, which is most lilely brought about by Hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders and phobias over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Also read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias    

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia:

Web site:

Author of the book:
"Getting off the Hook", which is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) University of Sydney, Post Grad Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)