Phobias/fear of death and motor neurone decease

Dear Jurriaan Plesman
I am a 58 year old women who has suffered from agoraphobia ,panic attackes and ptsd. I am very phobic of death and i worry about every little symptom i get but lately i have had terrible twitching in the legs that last for hours,also random twitches in the day whilst sitting and index finger,i get these electrical twitches when i lay down  to sleep,they are like electrical currents of twitching that runs all over both legs,also when i make my index finger into a circle by touching finger to thumb my index finger twitches, i have had low b12 but i have been eating b12 foods,this seem to come on when i kissed my friend who had zoster virus that went to his eye,Could this be a virus. I have no weakness i am just so scared it may be motor neurone although the home muscle tests i do say it is unlikely.i cannot sleep for these twitches,
Can you advice me and if not tell me who i could talk to about this issue,i do not see  my doctor for another two months
any help would be appreciated.How does one lose their fear of death,I am so scared ,i have been up all night and this is happening frequently

HI helen. I always advise people top first make sure with a doctor that your symptoms are not due to a well-known medical problems before looking at nutritional solution. The anxiety and agoraphobia may be caused by Hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders, such as anxiety and agoraphobia over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Also read:
Beating Anxiety and Phobias    

You can test yourself for hypoglycemia with the following questionnaires:
Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

Hypoglycemic Questionnaire (short test)
If you score high it may be an indication that by ou are hypoglycemic.

If any further problems arise please discuss with a nutritional doctor
Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia:

Web site:

Author of the book:
"Getting off the Hook", which is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) University of Sydney, Post Grad Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)