Phobias/Fear of vomiting and other infections

I have a fear of vomiting and other gastrointestinal infections, and I'm becoming paranoid about what I eat and where I eat. Maybe because I watch too much Monsters Inside Me. It all started one day when I ate too many... I forget for now, and for some reason I was nauseous for the whole summer. Total bummer. Then, I found out that I had acid reflux. That probably was the cause of my chronic nonstop hiccups. It's clearing up now. I don't know if that's what caused my nausea, but either way, I'm still scared of vomiting. Could you please help me? What should I do?

Here is an overview of your condition:   and MANY other sites. It mentions that this fear is related to and/or can develop into other forms of social phobias, in some cases.

The EFT process is ALL about releasing trauma-related memories which contribute to anxiety and phobias. This is an effective self-help technique, however you might want to consult a local EFT practitioner to help you get started and get the bigger issues out of the way.

Find EFT info all over the web at sites like:

This form of healing work doesn't require hours of "talk therapy" or "exposure therapy" or any kind of drug therapy. Once you learn it, you have an effective healing tool for life.

And finally, yes, you can be traumatized or "programmed" by watching unhelpful movies, TV or being raised in a family environment where this has been passed down from generation to generation, as well.

William Silver

William Silver

We can answer most inquiries about common phobias and direct those interested parties to some appropriate resources, if I am unable to assist directly.

12 years using the TFT and EFT-based therapy practices. Certified in Hypotherapy and have other training in emotionally-based stress and trauma release techniques

Completion Anxiety-Phobia Release Therapy, KALOS, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation therapy programs, from 1988 to the present.

See also sexual trauma and molestation healing assistance in AllExperts.