Phobias/Cannot stand heavy breathing / panting

I don't know if this is a phobia or a deeply seated pet peeve that is taking over my life but I cannot stand the sound of heavy breathing or panting. I first noticed it when I was a kid, and I only found it mildly annoying but as I grew older, I find myself being unable to hear anyone's breathing. I can't even stand listening to my own self when I work out so I always listen to music. I feel sick when I hear any form of breathing or panting at the gym, movies, on the bus, etc.. Is there some form of behavioral treatment I can administer on myself so I can go about my day without stressing over something as basic as breathing?

You are not alone with this condition:

As far as treatment goes, you can follow what they suggest, but a free and possible worthwhile treatment protocol is the EFT process (tapping) which is explained on sites such as: and

I hope you find some relief with these site suggestions.

William Silver

William Silver

We can answer most inquiries about common phobias and direct those interested parties to some appropriate resources, if I am unable to assist directly.

12 years using the TFT and EFT-based therapy practices. Certified in Hypotherapy and have other training in emotionally-based stress and trauma release techniques

Completion Anxiety-Phobia Release Therapy, KALOS, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation therapy programs, from 1988 to the present.

See also sexual trauma and molestation healing assistance in AllExperts.