Phobias/A distressing problem

When someone sit with me,my mind always go over on him suppose in class when sitting with any friend my mind go over him instead of looking forward to teacher what he is teaching.I try to control this but i can't i don't know why my mind & eyes goes on him & he always feel distress & disturbed sitting with me and at last,everyone leaves me alone.i only have one thing when it happens i put my hand on that eye to stop it.plz help iam dying of it,does there any meditation or yoga are there or does candle gaze excercise works over that??plz help me sir.

HI Sunny,

This looks to me like Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour, that is usually caused by an overproduction of stress hormones  (adrenaline and cortisol). This may be caused by hypoglycemia - a common illness among young people, due to over-eating sugar.

Test yourself with:
Testing for Hypoglycemia by Questionnaires
  Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

Hypoglycemic Questionnaire (short test)
If you score high it may be an indication that you could be  hypoglycemic (  This is a silent disease that is responsible for excess production of stress hormones - like adrenaline and cortisol - and which may trigger depression, anxiety and/or a low self-esteem.

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Also read:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Nutrition

And discuss this with your parents or doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Emeritus Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook for more questions:

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia:

Web site:

Author of the book:
"Getting off the Hook", which is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) University of Sydney, Post Grad Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)