Phobias/Sores and feeling ill

Question
Dear William

Recently I tore the skin in between my finger name and the flesh area, right where the two borders. I immediately had it attended to by a nurse, who cleaned it with more than one substance before finally wrapping it. Now this minor treatment was not really painful, well bearly. Now, just after stepping out of the camp clinic I started feeling very ill, and I knew this bad feeling was connected to the dressing of my finger which just took place, for this is not the first time I had to endure these faint feelings even while minor injuries are treated. Now, after feeling ill, I sat somewhere and the feelings grew far worse to the extent that I began sweating a lot, and just could not remain still, and even had to decline help to go to the nurse, for I felt quite sure that had I stood up I would have passed out even while being assisted. In a little after 5 minutes the feelings went, and a little of it remained for a few hours until later in the evening it went completely. Now over the years I have been wondering what causes these feelings when my injuries are attended to. Years ago I saw a mother attending to her son's injury. Now when I saw the pair of scissors in her hands, I immediately fell ill, and remained ill until I left work. Can you explain this kind of experience to me, and what causes them and how I can overcome them? Many thanks in anticipation of your soon reply.

Your truly
David

Answer
David, some people are affected by the sight of blood or certain medical procedures, like getting a shot, etc. Your ill feeling could have been a case of delayed shock, but it was probably triggered by your early childhood experiences. The mother attending to her son's injuries may have been serious or just appeared to be serious to you at the time.

Basically, the symptoms are related to PTSD reactions to stressful and traumatic memories that you are unable to process effectively. A simple, yet highly effective healing technique is called EFT or "tapping" which helps to neutralize the traumatic memories by addressing them through the acupuncture meridian system.

There are hundreds of EFT-style sites out there, such as:

www.emofree.com
www.eft.mercola.com
www.eftuniverse.com

which can provide either the instructions or refer you to a practitioner who can do a session of clearing these old memories permanently. The process doesn't seem very "logical" but it has been working effectively for over 30 years now. Search EFT and your hometown/province/country on the web or refer back to the sites I gave as references to find a practitioner near you. EFT sessions can be guided over the phone, as well. It is quick, easy and effective.

Best wishes,

William Silver  

Phobias

William Silver