Phobias/hypnophobia

Question
I think I have something called "Hypnophobia/Somniphobia", or the fear of sleep.. It's not like I can't sleep, it's more like when I'm tired & my body wants to sleep I'm scared to do so... Thoughts like: what if sleep is like being unconscious/or dead? or What happens to us during sleep ? or why can't we remember or exact moments of sleep ? Also, what if I forgot to breathe during my sleep starts pooping ? This is been going for the last 5 to 6 years after I had a seizure which I believe affected the way I think towards sleep( cz I used to love it really), also trying to convince myself that these thoughts are irrelevant with logical thoughts didn't workout for me, and I keep reminding myself of them when I'm scared to sleep, they are sort of a compulsion to me which I believe makes the situation worse long term( but I'm not sure, I'm not an expert after all lol), so what do I need to do to get better ? Is there any sort of treatment I can do to heal (like Acceptance therapy & CBT for example) any suggestions, tips, anything really would be appreciated... Thanks in Advance :D

Answer
Ibrahim, any kinds of phobias are usually connected to some kind of deep fear/trauma issue that turns into some form of PTSD eventually. Time and trying to "think it out" really doesn't work for deep-seated traumatic memories/events. You must do active therapy/healing work on the event to neutralize it.

EFT (emotional freedom technique) offers a powerful and rapid way to clear out old traumas and harmful memories that get stuck in your mind/body. Go to any of the dozens/hundreds of EFT "tapping" websites for details on how to do this yourself or to find an EFT practitioner to assist you.

www.eftuniverse.com
www.eft.mercola.com
www.emofree.com  are good places to begin or do a local search to see who might be in your city/area to help you out.

William Silver

Phobias

William Silver