Photography/Albert Dixon Simmons

John F. wrote at 2010-03-14 21:58:18
Adding to the earlier answer, I am Albert Dixon Simmons' grandson.  He graduated from MIT in 1916 and was at the forefront of wildlife action photography, both still and motion pictures, and published a couple of books along the way.  He lived in Cleveland, OH and died in 1972 while at his summmer home in Nova Scotia from the effects of a stroke.  His only daughter, my mother, passed away in 2007.  We have several of his photos and I'd be happy to provide additional information.  Interesting guy, and I wish I'd known him better.  To my knowledge, there was no government connection with his work.  

M. Stafford wrote at 2013-05-03 23:03:26
I have a complete set of 12 i the original folio. I believe the folio represents the 12 prints in his published book called "FLLIGHT" {lease contact if interested. The prints are 14X12 and on a soft paper.  

John F. wrote at 2013-05-05 22:26:52
I have the Flight collection but might be interested.  

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas