Photography/wyatt earp tin type.

Blue wrote at 2015-06-24 01:24:04
Re: Dave Horton's "Wyatt Earp" Tintype. Dave stated at message end, that he was asking for an opinion -& in that context, I take that to mean he was seeking a second opinion from Lawrence Marshall, who completely avoided the answer by saying: "I can accept that the tintype (ferrotype) is genuine." Then he took Dave on a tour of choices having nothing to do with what Dave was asking. No wonder Dave didn't thank him for this -or even bother to reply at all! Well Dave: My name is Lawrence, as well. I was never comfortable with the pretentious sound of that, nor the familiarity of it's derivatives, like Larry & Lonnie. Lon rhymes with Yawn. Anyhow, Dave.. now that you know that I'm too sensitive & that I worry that my own expertise might upset you unlike that other Lawrence who was probably sensitive about upsetting his reputation.. (both typical concerns here). -So I feel that the fairest answer is this: Go Online & compare Wyatt Earp's Facial Characteristics to the image on your Tintype. Go as deep as you can & Google: Wyatt Earp Tintype Collectors" or "Wyatt Earp Outlaws & Gunfighters" or anything you can think of. Look at everything you can find.. click on it all! You will find Your Answer. You'll know it -& you'll have a Lot of fun doing that research. After all, neither of us Lawrences want you to be at a loss. We can offer an Opinion -but you're looking for an Answer. The best way to have it is to take a comment or two from each of us, look around, -& then Please Share what you find! -Thanks, Dave -Lawrence (& Lawrence :~)  

Lawrence Marshall

Can answer questions about many areas.Portaiture,Glamour,Landscapes,Live rock bands, Publicty, Editorial and Fine Art Photography. B&W exposure,processing and printing and the materials involved.Toning and dying B&W materials,especially the Colorvir process.Using High contrast ortho film.Intaglio printmaking.Presentation of Photographs.Exhibiting Photography.Photographing Paintings and other two dimensional Art.

Thirty years experience. Freelance work in Editorial,Publicity, Portraiture,Landscape,Rock and Roll, Weddings in 6x6 and 35mm. Black and white processing, printing and toning.Intaglio printing and the Colorvir system of toners and dyes for B&W prints.

Western Australian College of Teaching. Saatchi Gallery (London). Art Gallery Australia.

Western Review

Certificate in Photography. Bachelor of Arts Degree,Diploma in Education.Giving regular One day Workshops in Photography in Western Australia. Various seminars in film-based Photography.Registered and practising Secondary teacher