Photography/1896 Alfred S Campbell print

I have an Alfred S. Campbell 2D?or 3D? photo or print dated 1896
and hand printed lower left corner :Patent 1896,Alfred S Campbell
Elizabeth, N. J..It is a picture of 4 white horses ,mostly of their heads.The horses are raised from the background of black.
It is set in a beautiful Victorian frame.How much would this be
worth ? Thank you very much.

While I am an avid collector of 19th century camera gear, I don't know much about the value of vintage photographs.  This would be a question more for a gallery.  The largest gallery I know of that deals with this sort of thing is Westlicht, in Vienna.  Might send them an email about it.  A lot depends on condition etc.

Kent in SD

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas