Photography/amateur camera question

Question
QUESTION: Good Morning Mr. Seymour,
I want to start freelancing and was wondering where to start with digital cameras.
I'm sure you get this a lot, and it is a very involved answer.
But I am looking for your personal opinion...
Any advice would be awesome...

Thank you!!!

~Briana

ANSWER: HI BRIANA.
I would suggest that you start with magazines and have a good knowledge of the subject that you are writing about, HUNTING SHOOTING AND FISHING. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PUT A LOT OF WORDS
TOGETHER AND MAKE IT INTERESTING. PHOTOGRAPHY WILL HAVE TO BE GOOD SO START PRACTICING !
It may be a good idea to contact the editor to find out if they have any spacific format or picture size that they require. And down't forget the copy write angle.
And establish a fee per thousand words etc before you start.
Good luck.
martin  

QUESTION: Good Afternoon Mr. Seymour!
I went out and bought A Canon EOS Rebel T3 1100D....not quite sure what that all means...yet!...I don't have a computer at home for the moment
So I haven't been able to do much research for this camera...yet!! ha
But I took it on a pheasant hunt yesterday with a bunch of friends and started shooting...so much more manually involved then
I thought...but I love it!
I was wondering if you could give me an advice on what or where to start with starting to learn how to effectively use the camera.
I believe strongly that experience is knowledge...but I know that your knowledge of this facet of life would be much more helpful
Until I start practicing more.....
Thank you for all your advice and help...truly appreciated!

~~Bri

Answer
Hi  Briane
Frankly to start freelancing is an almost impassable to answer . because every one has a camera and they think that makes them a photographer. nothing personal .too much competition.
when i started the YELLOW PAGES HAD 1/2 PAGE OF PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW THERE IS THREE FULL PAGES.

FRANKLY ENJOY IT AS A HOBBY
( yellow page is our telephone business directory in uk not sure if you have the same out there )
i personably think that digital photography has made more people take up the hobby because its so much more easy today to get a reasonable shot of something and use the PC to print it up. no more messing about with chemicals in the dark as in the old days !!! which must have put a lot of people off iam sure.
you might find it an advantage to join a local camera club ,meet people . etc
regards Martin

Photography

Martin Seymour