Photography/lyricism

Question
Dear Expert,

I read about lyrical abstraction in painting. Do we have lyricism in photography? Can we call an image or a photo lyrical? How?

I will be thankful for your answer.

Zahra

Answer
You can call a photograph lyrical if it sings to you.
A lyrical abstraction has what qualities? Identify those qualities and apply them to photos.
It is a good way to waste one's life instead of trying simply to be open to images and to respond to them. Of course that won't happen to often because most photographers are basically clueless about notions of art, color and composition that would constitute a "lyrical" photograph. Most would tell you that their sunset photos are lyrical, but they are wrong they are at best just poor copies of 19th century Romanticism.

Photography

Steve Meltzer