Photography/use of my image

Question
Does a photographer have the legal right to use pictures of me for their own commercial purposes (e.g., selling the pics on the Internet) without my consent?  What if I willfully posed for the pictures, but without being informed that they would be used for commercial purposes?  As the subject of the photos, do I have the right to copies of my own, or must I buy them?

Answer
No, he/she does not have the right to use your image for commercial purposes without your consent. They could use your image for editorial purposes such as news. He may own the images but cannot use them freely. There is a fine line if your images were on their website as that could be commercial or editorial (showing his portfolio).

Hope that helps.

Mark

Photography

Mark Gluckman