Photography/Wishing to know the artist

Question
Man with Cats
Man with Cats  
As stated in the subject, I want to know the artist to a certain picture I found on the internet several years ago. I came across another photo by the same person about a year ago that shared the artist's name, but I didn't write down and can not remember it. I have attached the image below. (Truthfully, I can not tell if it is a photo or a painting, and if it is clearly not a photo to you, please let me know).

Answer
Hello Heather,

This is a VERY famous photograph. This is "Dali Atomicus", an action portrait of the very famous Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dali (1904-1989), taken by the equally famous American photographer Philippe Halsman (1906-1979) of New York in 1948. There are endless accounts and biographies of Dali all over the internet, and no lack of sites to see photographs by Halsman. This particular photograph was an attempt by Halsman to capture the surrealist feel of Dali's own absurd works...and it clearly succeeded! Both artists remain extremely popular today...

Best wishes,

David F. Silver - President
International Photographic Historical Organization

Photography

David Silver