Photography/Wyatt Earp tin type

Question
If this is a tin type, then the image should be reversed, right? But Wyatt Earp seems to have liked this position for photographs, 1/4 view from his left side. It looks like Wyatt was going bald. But who was going to tell him? Not me!

Answer
Hello Ted,

Thanks for your question. I don't know much about tintypes. They are another name for ferrotypes. The emulsion is supported on japanned tin and developed in iron.
Tintypes were an early form of photography from about 1850 onwards. I suggest you check with a History of Photography or a Photo Gallery in your area.

For other tips on photography, please view my website lawrencemarshallphotography.com or see my page at the Saatchi Gallery, London.

regards,

Lawrence Marshall

Photography

Lawrence Marshall