Photography/Shooting the stars?

Adam wrote at 2013-08-08 22:46:24
Hey, I wanted to add to this answer, the thing about shooting stars, if you are referring to the star trails you need to be aware of a couple things. The first is the length of time. The lower your ISO the less noise introduced. So use a lower ISO. The time should be lengthy several minutes and you could try stacking several to get the final results. I would use a mid level or a lower f/stop lets aim at f 5.6 - mid f 9.0. You will definitely need a tripod.

Cable Release (avoid shaking and allows you to control length of time)

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas