Photography/Shooting the stars?

Adam wrote at 2013-08-08 22:46:24
Hey, I wanted to add to this answer, the thing about shooting stars, if you are referring to the star trails you need to be aware of a couple things. The first is the length of time. The lower your ISO the less noise introduced. So use a lower ISO. The time should be lengthy several minutes and you could try stacking several to get the final results. I would use a mid level or a lower f/stop lets aim at f 5.6 - mid f 9.0. You will definitely need a tripod.

Settings:

Manual

Cable Release (avoid shaking and allows you to control length of time)

Tripod  

Photography

Kent Staubus