Photography/posing for camera

Question
QUESTION: Dave hi how are you Dave?  Where on line or in print could I locate the pose of a female as:  facing camera straight-on, her left leg as seen from viewer's standpoint is bent covering her torso so you cannot see her private areas; other leg is bent and extends out to the left side behind the other leg.  I saw such a picture on the cover of some old news magazine whatever it was-sorry Dave, as I don't know which one.  I like drawing the body-beauty.

ANSWER: Hi Nick!

I can almost picture the pose, but don't know which magazine it was from either! Your best bet would be to Google the phrase "model poses women" (in quotes). You'll see quite a few posing info sites in the results. And then click the "Images" tab at the top of the page. It'll give you more pictures than you'll probably want to scroll through... and maybe one of them will come close to what you're looking for.

Good luck with your search!

Sincerely,

Dave

QUESTION: Dave, who/where should I ask this question to besides Google.com-a person who knows the magazine well where I found the cover of the woman?  Thanks Dave.  Maybe this is a guy or girl who has worked with such material for years or has some such connection.  Dave this again.  Google just might do it-we have to know where to search and Google is a great start.

Answer
Hi Again Nick,

You may not be able to get a better answer from anyone unless you provide more detailed information. Far too many photographers have "worked with such material" over the decades for you to be able to narrow it down that way. About how long ago was the magazine published? Perhaps it was a photography magazine? If so, you could try posting a question on one of the many photography forums on the web. (Just Google "photo forum" to find a few.) But sadly, you probably won't get any useful answers based on the info you've provided so far!

I fear that your question is too general for anyone to be able to answer more specifically. Google Images is still your best bet. You could try different search strings as well. For example: "women posing on magazine covers"... things  like that.

But keep in mind that before the early 1990s, the Internet didn't exist for the broad population. Therefore, much of the magazine content published in the 1980s and earlier might only be found on the Web if someone has posted a photo or PDF of it. And that's why Google Images is still probably your best bet!

Best of luck with your searches!

Dave

Photography

Dave Powell