Photography/Fine art photography

I have a photograph of a glass or crystal chalice. It is etched with flowers & vines. The matte is brown & has the title [Exercise in light] & the artists name [Jim Morrison]. My question is who is the artist & is there any info on the artist or photograph. I would send a picture but I dont wanna get banned for copyright violation but under the limitations on exclusive rights I'm able to use the image for educational purposes. Which I'm tryin to learn about the photograph. Let my know if you want pictures of the title & signature or pictures of the photo itself.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. I'm afraid I can't help very much.I haven't heard of 'Jim Morrison". There may be an Encyclopaedia of Artists in your country which you could check. Alternatively, you can try websites such as, which does reproductions of Art. Auction houses such as Sotheby's or Christies may have some reference material.They will certainly be able to help you more.
For other queries on Photography, see my website

Lawrence Marshall

Can answer questions about many areas.Portaiture,Glamour,Landscapes,Live rock bands, Publicty, Editorial and Fine Art Photography. B&W exposure,processing and printing and the materials involved.Toning and dying B&W materials,especially the Colorvir process.Using High contrast ortho film.Intaglio printmaking.Presentation of Photographs.Exhibiting Photography.Photographing Paintings and other two dimensional Art.

Thirty years experience. Freelance work in Editorial,Publicity, Portraiture,Landscape,Rock and Roll, Weddings in 6x6 and 35mm. Black and white processing, printing and toning.Intaglio printing and the Colorvir system of toners and dyes for B&W prints.

Western Australian College of Teaching. Saatchi Gallery (London). Art Gallery Australia.

Western Review

Certificate in Photography. Bachelor of Arts Degree,Diploma in Education.Giving regular One day Workshops in Photography in Western Australia. Various seminars in film-based Photography.Registered and practising Secondary teacher