Photography/Background Photo Image/s Capture.

Question
Digital Capture
Digital Capture  
Dear Mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera

1.Is it possible to capture/take background photos similarly when we look in a mirror. i.e. Through Mirror camera lens, we are able to view background i.e. objects which are behind us at a distance.

As a example,

Trees, Trains, Ships etc.

2. Can there be any advantages for a camera constructed by increasing the Camera Height to give us twice the area of the camera rectangle. i.e. Top Rectangle and Bottom Rectangle. The Viewing Glass and Lens are present on both the sides of the camera but they are diagonally opposite. The Top Rectangle will be the same as attached in the figure. The Bottom Rectangle will have the Lens on the opposite side of the Top Rectangle and viewing image glass will be on the opposite side of the Top rectangle. Both are diagonally opposite ?.  

i.e. One can Hold Digital Camera from either side and take photos.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
The two questions you asked are way out of my area of expertise.  It seems one could use a very large depth of field to accomplish what you ask but I'm not sure I'm understanding the question correctly.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  Try the Canon or Nikon website and see if they have a Q and A section.

Photography

Mark Gluckman