Photography/Background Photo Image/s Capture.

Digital Camera
Digital Camera  
Dear Kent

1.Is it possible to capture/take background photos similarly when we look in a mirror. i.e. Through Mirror camera lens, we are able to view background i.e. objects which are behind us at a distance.

As a example,

Trees, Trains, Ships etc.

2. Can there be any advantages for a camera constructed by increasing the Camera Height to give us twice the area of the camera rectangle. i.e. Top Rectangle and Bottom Rectangle. The Viewing Glass and Lens are present on both the sides of the camera but they are diagonally opposite. The Top Rectangle will be the same as attached in the figure. The Bottom Rectangle will have the Lens on the opposite side of the Top Rectangle and viewing image glass will be on the opposite side of the Top rectangle. Both are diagonally opposite ?.  

i.e. One can Hold Digital Camera from either side and take photos.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

This is a little hard for me to follow, but as for #1, I think this kind of thing could be done easier in software.  As for #2, if you are talking about making a square sensor such as what a Hassleblad 6x6 is, I don't see much adavantage.  Again, this is because of software.  You can simply crop.

Kent in SD

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas