Photography/Camera Interfacing with Portable Printer

Question
Dear Ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/portable-printer
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2389136,00.asp
http://www.woosim.com/english/00_main/main.jsp

Requirement
-----------

Photo image/s captured on the digital camera device has to be taken a hard copy immediately on paper roll.

1. Can Digital Camera's interface with portable printers via a USB interface cable suffice the above requirement ?. Print button on the digital camera will allow the selected image/s to print on the portable printers.

2. Are there cameras available which have a inbuilt printing facility ?.

i.e. Without connecting to a portable printer, a outlet mechanism for the camera where photo image hard copy will be available (laser printer technology) through the outlet mechanism for the selected photo image ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

It appears you have done some research, which is good. I will try to answer each question the best I can.

Most DLSR's (entry level and professional) can interface with an external device such as a printer or computer with the cables provided with the camera or bluetooth, depending on the DLSR. The process for selecting the photo to send to the printer depends on the camera manufacturer, so read the user manual for details.

2. Are there cameras available which have a inbuilt printing facility?

To the best of knowledge, specifically built-in printing, no. However, the Canon 6D has a built-in Wi-FiŽ transmitter, which will allow you to wirelessly transfer your images a bluetooth printer or social networking sites through their CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#. You can even upload virtually anywhere from your iOS or Android smartphone by downloading their app.  

Sorry I don't understand the above question.

It seems like the simplest solution would be to remove your memory card and using a USB connection for your card reader, connect that directly to any printer with a USB interface. This will keep your costs down and give you more choices of printers to use, depending on the size and quality of the print. Make sure you shoot in RAW and the highest quality JPEG.

I have a question for you. What about editing your photos? Do you want to print simply what you shoot unedited? Also, are you shooting in color or black and white. This makes a difference some printers are designed for black and white or grayscale photos.

I hope this helps,

Ken
KGR Photography
www.kgrphotography.com

Photography

Ken