Photography/Minolta Minoltina 8 Movie camera of 1964

I just bought my daughter, who is a photojournalism major and collects vintage cameras of all kinds, a Minolta Minoltina 8 Movie Zoom Rokkor 1.8/8-25 in excellent condition but it does not have an owners manual and I am trying to find one so that she can use it. I also would like to know if there are places I can order film for it as well? ANY information that you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Hello Nanette,

Finding an owners manual for this age camera is always a challenge. Unfortunately, Konica Minolta Photo Imaging Inc. ceased its Camera Business Operations March 31, 2006, and ceased the entire customer services for Konica Minolta cameras and related products on December 31, 2010.  

However, there is a US company that still servics Minolta cameras:

Precision Camera and Video Repair, Inc.
1 Anngina Drive, Enfield, CT 06082

Phone : 800 665 6515
Fax : 860 763 7100

I would start with them as they would be the best source to obtain one or put you in touch with a someone who you can get one from.

Regarding film, Precision Camera should be able to provide it for you. They'll probably recommend Fuji Film as they are the biggest provider of 35mm film these days.

Good luck and it's good to see real photography is being kept alive!

KGR Photography  

I can answer questions as an expert for individual and model photography, portfolio development and networking. I can address your questions about location and/or studio photography, equipment selection, lighting, finding a professional photographer, difference between a professional photographer, amateur photographer and "Guy with Camera, what you should or shouldn't expect to pay for a professional photographer, pros and cons of nude photography, photo editing and more ...

I'm a published and agency recommended professional freelance photographer from Southern California. I shoot for the specific photographic requirements of private individuals, models, actors, entertainers, designers, PR & talent firms, Red Carpet, Corporate and special events. I have over 10 years specializing in fashion, lifestyle, portraiture, editorial, headshots, swimwear, glamour, boudoir, lingerie, artistic, nude, erotic and theme specific photography. I'm also experienced with photo enhancement and retouch and I utilize professional photographic equipment from Canon. My software proficiency includes Photoshop CS6, Lightroom and Portrait Professional.

I have studied photography at the Los Angeles School of Photography. I host educational seminars for amateur photographers twice a year in the LA area.