Photography/Digital Camera Oscilloscope Product.

Dear Akshay

Are there Products available in the market which combines the functionality of Digital Oscilloscope and Digital Camera ?.

In case not available, is it feasible to construct/manufacture this dual functionality product ?

Do you feel there are advantages in combining both the features of Digital Oscilloscope and Digital Camera in a single product ?. The digital camera hardware electronics is integrated in the digital oscilloscope product.

The Digital Camera Oscilloscope will capture the waveform signals from the camera lens in the Digital Camera Oscilloscope. The captured images will be saved in the Digital Camera Oscilloscope memory.

Is it possible to transfer the photo images captured from Digital Camera Oscilloscope to Smartphone device using WI-FI or Bluetooth Technology ?.

Both Smartphone and Digital Camera Oscilloscope are Wi-Fi or Bluetooth enabled devices.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi again Prashant,

Short answer: no.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how or why you would want to combine these two devices.
I've used oscilloscopes while studying physics in college and they're certainly useful for analyzing various waveforms, but of what use would it be when combined with an image sensor?
Moreover, what signals would you be recording? An image sensor contains millions of photosensors on top of a semiconductor die.
An oscilloscope, on the other hand, is meant to study a single waveform. How or why would you combine the two?

If you'd like to elaborate, perhaps I could help further. Feel free to post a follow-up question!

Warm regards,

Akshay Singh Jamwal

I'm a professional photographer and I can answer questions questions relating to SLRs (35mm or DSLRs) and general photographic technique. I'll be happy to share my knowledge with anybody who's looking to learn or is just plain confused about something. Questions about studio lighting, studio flashes, and flashguns are also welcome. Questions about theory (e.g. colour theory, guidelines behind composition, depth of field, etc.) are welcome as well. Digital photography also involves some amount of post-processing using an image editing application such as Adobe Photoshop; a program that I am proficient with. I cannot answer typical generic questions, viz. "Which is the best camera?," as the short and sweet answer to questions such as those is "There is no such thing." Furthermore, there is a lot of literature available on the web pertaining to the same. Also, please do not ask me for camera recommendations based on a budget.

I have been passionately taking photographs since I was 13 years old. In totality, I've been involved in photography in one way or another for over a decade. I've used various cameras (and lighting equipment) over the years, including but not limited to Minolta/Konica Minolta, Nikon, Canon, and Mamiya.

High school degree.