Photography/Digital Camera and Video Projector Integrated Product.

Question
Dear Akshay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_projector

Are there Products available in the market which combines the functionality of  Digital Camera and Video Projector ?.

In case not available, is it feasible to construct/manufacture this dual functionality product ?.

Do you feel there are advantages in combining both the features of Digital Camera and Video Projector in a single product ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi again Prashant!

Yes, there are a few products in the market that I know of that combine the two devices. I haven't used any of them personally, though so bear that in mind.

The first camera to combine a projector with a digital camera for a consumer product was the Nikon COOLPIX S1200pj. I don't think it's still in production, but you might get lucky on ebay or olx.

There's also a camcorder that Sony produces that has a built-in projector:
http://store.sony.com/8gb-full-hd-camcorder-with-projector-zid27-HDRPJ230/B/cat-

Personally, I don't see the point and never have. The projectors are too low-powered to be of any practical use in my opinion. You can always plug a camera into a TV or monitor, or even couple it with a separate projector if required. I see it as more of a gimmick than a feasible product.
You'll still need a really dark room and a white screen to view it on, so it isn't like you could just set it up whenever or wherever you want to, either.
Still, in a pinch, it does have its uses; you could playback videos or review photos if a number of people want to see the video/photo in question and if there's no monitor/TV or other viewing device readily available.

Photography

Akshay Singh Jamwal