Photography/Norddeutscher Lloyd photograph

I am looking for information of any kind to figure out what to do with these photographs. They are not of any interest to me and I do not know where to begin to find them a new home, what to ask for in value and who would be the best fit for something of this nature.
Thank you for your time,
Amber in Seattle

Gee Amber there really isn't much to go on here. While the activity is the unloading of what might be a crabber that doesn't tell me much.
But you have a great resource there in Seattle. The UW Library has a huge photography collection and the curators probably know more about historical pictures than anyone else on the planet.
If they can't identify the photo no one can. Knock on their door and show them the photo.

PS the back of the photo did not get attached.

Steve Meltzer

I am a professional photographer and I've been shooting for newspapers, magazines, commercial clients and artists for over 30 years. I have shot stock photography for dozens of years and in 1977 created West Stock (Seattle, WA) which was one of the first to produce stock photo CDs and later one of the first to establish an online stock photo slaes site. I have a new book on digital photography "PHOTOGRAPHING ARTS, CRAFTS AND COLLECTIBLES (Lark Books, 2007)which is available at, and in bookstores like Barnes & Noble and Borders. I have another book, CAPTURE THE LIGHT which will be puiblished in November, 2008. I write 20-30 feature articles and columns for regional and national publications a year. My education includes studying with photographers like Cornell Capa, Duane Michels and Oliver Gagliani (from the Ansel Adams Center.)