Photography/Digital Camera And Video Camera Keyboard Interface.

Question
Dear Kent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_camera

Do you feel Digital camera and Video camera having a Keyboard interface input device
integrated ?.

Do you feel these feature may be useful for Professional photographers for photography and Video shoots where Diary contacts , Event reminders and Calendar applications can be accessed on the Digital camera and Video camera ?.

The Diary contacts and events are added through the Digital Camera keyboard and Video Camera Keyboard respectively.

Though these above features are already added in the Smartphone device used by the Photographers, do you still feel it may be worthwhile to add the keyboard electronics hardware and the necessary software in Digital Camera and Video Camera ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
This is pretty far from what I deal with, but the newer cameras now have wifi which allows you to connect them to a tablet etc.  One such product is Camranger.  I don't see the value of adding a keyboard actually to the camera as that would increase its size and weight.

Kent in SD

Photography

Kent Staubus