Photography/Digital Camera And Video Camera Keyboard Interface.

Dear Kent

Do you feel Digital camera and Video camera having a Keyboard interface input device
integrated ?.

Do you feel these feature may be useful for Professional photographers for photography and Video shoots where Diary contacts , Event reminders and Calendar applications can be accessed on the Digital camera and Video camera ?.

The Diary contacts and events are added through the Digital Camera keyboard and Video Camera Keyboard respectively.

Though these above features are already added in the Smartphone device used by the Photographers, do you still feel it may be worthwhile to add the keyboard electronics hardware and the necessary software in Digital Camera and Video Camera ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

This is pretty far from what I deal with, but the newer cameras now have wifi which allows you to connect them to a tablet etc.  One such product is Camranger.  I don't see the value of adding a keyboard actually to the camera as that would increase its size and weight.

Kent in SD

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas