Photography/Digital Camera And Video Camera Keyboard Interface.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Akshay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_camera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_camera

Do you feel Digital camera and Video camera having a Keyboard interface input device
integrated ?.

Do you feel these feature may be useful for Professional photographers for photography and Video shoots where Diary contacts , Event reminders and Calendar applications can be accessed on the Digital camera and Video camera ?.

The Diary contacts and events are added through the Digital Camera keyboard and Video Camera Keyboard respectively.

Though these above features are already added in the Smartphone device used by the Photographers, do you still feel it may be worthwhile to add the keyboard electronics hardware and the necessary software in Digital Camera and Video Camera ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hi Prashant,

Most digital cameras (still or video) have some sort of virtual keyboard present within the devices firmware/software; e.g. for putting in the date/time, as well as for putting in rudimentary copyright information or other metadata.

The addition of an actual physical keyboard would be pointless in my opinion; both still photographers and videographers have plenty of equipment to carry, so a keyboard isn't exactly something that anybody would want to lug around along with all the heavy equipment.
Besides, if you really need the functionality of a full-sized keyboard, then there's always a laptop... a fair amount of people do this anyway.

Warm regards,
Akshay.

QUESTION: Dear akshay

Thank you.

The keyboard interface Would be soft
Keys touch Screen and will not Carry more Weight to the Camera similar to A smartphone device.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

Answer
Hi Prashant,

You're welcome :)

As mentioned, most digital cameras already come equipped with a software keyboard. It's accessibility in the menu varies depending on manufacturers, but the functionality is certainly present.

Warm regards,
Akshay.

Photography

Akshay Singh Jamwal