Photography/Bluetooth Digital Camera

Dear Akshay

Is it possible to Transfer Digitally captured images from a Source Digital Camera to a Destination Digital Camera using Bluetooth Wireless Technology ?.

The Source and Destination digital cameras may or may not be manufactured from the same company.

i.e. Images captured from Camera A - Source ere to be transferred to Camera B - Destination.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

Well, yes. And no.

On 'regular' cameras, no. Not that I know of, anyway.
Presumably, you're talking about devices that are dedicated cameras (e.g. DSLRs) and not smartphones.
Furthermore, I don't see why one would desire such a feature, or foresee any obvious practical applications.
There might be ways to hack a camera, perhaps, say, using an Arduino board or something (note that I'm speculating), but again, the impracticality would probably be restrictive.

There are different methods of wireless transfer from camera to computer, of course.
Not all camearas use Bluetooth, but a fair amount of newer models now allow Wi-Fi transfer.
There are also Eye-Fi cards; memory cards that you can put into any camera that transfer files written to them directly to a computer via Wi-Fi.

Additionally, transferring files between smartphones via Bluetooth is easy enough and requires little explanation.
Smartphone cameras are the most ubiquitous source of photographs. Just look at Instagram or Facebook. Or even Flickr, for that matter.
You can also transfer photos from 'cameras' made by different manufacturers.
Most photos uploaded today are taken via smartphones. Or more specifically, the cameras on smartphones, but that's probably nitpicking: they're still cameras.

I hope that answers your question.
Happy shooting!

Edit: revised for minor spelling/grammar errors.

Akshay Singh Jamwal

I'm a professional photographer and I can answer questions questions relating to SLRs (35mm or DSLRs) and general photographic technique. I'll be happy to share my knowledge with anybody who's looking to learn or is just plain confused about something. Questions about studio lighting, studio flashes, and flashguns are also welcome. Questions about theory (e.g. colour theory, guidelines behind composition, depth of field, etc.) are welcome as well. Digital photography also involves some amount of post-processing using an image editing application such as Adobe Photoshop; a program that I am proficient with. I cannot answer typical generic questions, viz. "Which is the best camera?," as the short and sweet answer to questions such as those is "There is no such thing." Furthermore, there is a lot of literature available on the web pertaining to the same. Also, please do not ask me for camera recommendations based on a budget.

I have been passionately taking photographs since I was 13 years old. In totality, I've been involved in photography in one way or another for over a decade. I've used various cameras (and lighting equipment) over the years, including but not limited to Minolta/Konica Minolta, Nikon, Canon, and Mamiya.

High school degree.