Photography/USB Flash Drive Camera

Question
Dear Pat

Is it possible to integrate Camera electronics (Lens and Camera integrated Circuits), Battery cells for powering in USB Flash Drive ?.

There will be a Button on the USB Flash Drive to take photos. The Inbuilt memory on the flash drive will capture and store the Photos.

Later on the USB Flash Drive will be integrated with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth technology to transfer Camera images to other Cameras, Smartphones etc.

The Limitations could be the smaller Width and not the Length  
of the Flash Drive.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello, Prashant,

Why would anyone WANT to use a USB Flash Drive in that way? You have a memory card INSIDE the camera. This means it isnít vulnerable, and it doesnít get in the way. As for transferring images to another camera, I am not aware that any camera can RECEIVE images from another device. You have a camera, you download the images you have taken onto, say, a PC, and then use them there.

Whether or not itís possible isnít really the question. Obviously, itís possible, if someone chooses to design it. But as far as I know, there is no demand for such a capability, and nobody has designed it.

Please keep in mind that I am not the expert you need to help you develop a new product of some kind. If you come up with a product, see if you can get someone to manufacture it. All of that is totally outside my expertise. I find your questions perplexing, and canít figure out why you want to know these kinds of things. It simply doesnít make sense to me. I donít know if there is anyone else in this group who can answer these types of questions, but it wouldnít be me.

Photography

Pat G