Photography/USB Flash Drive Camera

Dear Kent

Is it possible to integrate Camera electronics (Lens and Camera integrated Circuits), Battery cells for powering in USB Flash Drive ?.

There will be a Button on the USB Flash Drive to take photos. The Inbuilt memory on the flash drive will capture and store the Photos.

Later on the USB Flash Drive will be integrated with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth technology to transfer Camera images to other Cameras, Smartphones etc.

The Limitations could be the smaller Width and not the Length  
of the Flash Drive.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Sorry for the late answer--my computer has been in the shop.  I'm really not at all an electronics/technical person and don't know the answer.  The idea of having a tiny camera built into a USB drive sounds interesting though.  I'm sure it could be done, I just don't know how.  Might have to adapt cell phone camera technology into it.

Good luck,
Kent in SD

Kent Staubus

I am an experienced outdoor photographer My knowledge base includes digital Nikons, use of flash, vintage & historical cameras, and shooting both medium format and large format film. My specialty is night photography, both with or without flash set ups. I am primarily an outdoor photographer and shoot railroads, country churches, abandoned buildings, and candid people photos. I shoot a lot of travel photos in places like Canada, Scotland, Hawaii, Iceland, and of course the Northern Plains.

Have been taking photos daily for the past 15 years, with total experience of 26 years. I have had a number of photos in magazines, including a few cover shots. I am proficient with camera gear made from the 1850s to present.

TRAINS magazine, Railroads Illustrated Magazine

Bachelor Degree from University of Kansas