Photography/LED arrays

Question
Hi Steve,
I have read some of your great articles in Crafts Report and other jewelry making web sites. In a recent article about one light crafts photography, you refer to a 160 LED array putting out 1280 lumens powered by rechargeable batteries.  I've seen lots of stuff like this but they all seem to mount on a hot shoe.  Can you give me a source or product name for a model that can be tripod mounted for taking jewelry shots?

Thanks!

Answer
Thank you for your kind words about my articles. The 160 LED array I have was bought on eBay from a company in China. The unit has a hot shoe mount BUT there is also a standard tripod thread at the bottom of the hot shoe mount so it works for both.

Check out eBay and look carefully at the mounts.It should be no problem to find one.

Steve

Photography

Steve Meltzer