Photography/Looks rich in Camera LCD but not in PC

Question
Hello Steve,

I am a beginner in this field. I love taking landscapes, cityscapes, streets and scenes that are rich in color. But, the biggest problem I am facing is that the photos that i take looks good in the Camera LCD, exactly what I want but, once I upload it into my laptop, it looks dull and not up to my expectations. I understand that both are different display and the setting may vary. I am using full brightness in both the devices. I am using canon 60D with 18-55 mm lens. Please, help me tackle this issue and let me know what should I do to overcome this.

Answer
Renjith

It is pretty difficult to analyze pictures I can't see on gear I can't see. LCDs have a wide latitude and sometimes images look too bright or too dark but are perfectly fine.So a few quesses.

If you are shooting in Auto mode and there is alot of sky in the photo the camera tends to underexpose pixs.

Shoot in P mode and use the exposure compensation control (the =/- button) at +1/3 or + 2/3 stop.

Full brightness can be decieving go back to a normal setting. If the images are just dull, npt too dark, try resetting the "film type" in the camera to something like Vivid or Dynamic color rather than Standard.

If you don't have photo processing software get some. Picasa (www.picasa.com) is a free download. Use it to adjust the lighting, color and contrast.  

steve  

Photography

Steve Meltzer