Photography/underwater photography

I am new to photography.

Is there a DSLR that can go underwater?

I have a nikon d3100. Is there a way to make it be able to go underwater?

does nikon make water proof dslr?

I have seen they have a coolpix camera that can do underwater, but I do not like their coolpix cameras.

Hello, Kayla,

Normally, people buy an underwater housing for their camera. There isn't much selection for camera specifically designed to be used underwater. A housing for your Nikon will be expensive. However, they are available. Go to this web site:

Use the following phrase as a search term:

underwater dslr nikon 3100

You will be able to see what is available.

B&H Photo Video is the best place to look; they probably have the best selection of products in the business. If you can't find what you are looking for, you can email them. They tend to be very responsive. They are closed for ordering on Saturday and Jewish holidays, but you can browse their web site any time.

I hope this helps. Take care.

Pat G

I can answer questions about the artistic aspects of photography, and tricks for shooting landscape, scenic, macro, and animal photography. I am familiar with Pentax SLR cameras, both film and digital. I have also done work in urban photography and creative photography, and I am familiar with creative uses of filters and lenses. I am familiar with composition and color theory, and know how to make use of light. I can answer questions about things like lightning photography and moon photography. I spend time studying the techniques of the well known photographers. I work exclusively in color. Although I travel anywhere and everywhere in pursuit of landscape and scenic photography, my main area of expertise is the American southwest, and I am familiar with many scenic areas. I also have familiarity with the plants of the Sonoran Desert, having studied not only their appearance but also their uses, including ethnobotany. See my educational credentials for other art that I do.

I have spent the last ten years as a semi-professional photographer, selling my work on the internet, and having won international honors. The gallery of my most recent work, where I usually post frequently is I will take questions about how I did various photographs.

The first prize I won for my art was when I was in third grade. I have a bachelor's degree in art from Ohio Dominican University, where I learned mainly ceramics and glaze calculation. I have also done various kinds of fiber arts. In addition, I do digital landscapes, abstracts, and fractal art.