Photography/Digital Camera with internal microphone and speaker.

QUESTION: Dear Akshay

Do you feel that it can add value to the digital Camera with a internal microphone and speaker integrated?.

ANSWER: Dear Prashant,

Sure. Both my DSLRs (Nikon D750, D90) have internal microphones and speakers. I use them for recording videos occasionally.
Truth be told however, the microphone picks up too much background noise. While this is easily corrected using software, a good external mic is always a better option. But it's functional and does the job.

I find the speaker useful for playing back videos I've recorded to check quality etc. The speaker also aids in autofocus confirmation, making "beep" sounds as an aural affirmation that focus has been achieved.

Beyond that, I can't think of any uses, but those are value enough for me, personally.

Happy shooting,

QUESTION: Dear Akshay

Can we add a voice which we added by the microphone and integrate with the Still images captured by the digital Camera?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

Not any more. There were cameras that allowed making audio annotation notes while capturing still images as you describe, but practically nobody use the feature.

The Canon SD series of cameras (e.g. Canon SD1000) allowed for this, as did the Canon Powershot G9. Both are now fairly old models.
One of the reasons it didn't work so well was because you had to use Canon's software, which was reportedly not the best.  

There's no way of integrating sound and still images together so that it's all in one single file that I know of.

Happy shooting,

Akshay Singh Jamwal

I'm a professional photographer and I can answer questions questions relating to SLRs (35mm or DSLRs) and general photographic technique. I'll be happy to share my knowledge with anybody who's looking to learn or is just plain confused about something. Questions about studio lighting, studio flashes, and flashguns are also welcome. Questions about theory (e.g. colour theory, guidelines behind composition, depth of field, etc.) are welcome as well. Digital photography also involves some amount of post-processing using an image editing application such as Adobe Photoshop; a program that I am proficient with. I cannot answer typical generic questions, viz. "Which is the best camera?," as the short and sweet answer to questions such as those is "There is no such thing." Furthermore, there is a lot of literature available on the web pertaining to the same. Also, please do not ask me for camera recommendations based on a budget.

I have been passionately taking photographs since I was 13 years old. In totality, I've been involved in photography in one way or another for over a decade. I've used various cameras (and lighting equipment) over the years, including but not limited to Minolta/Konica Minolta, Nikon, Canon, and Mamiya.

High school degree.