Photography/Need to purchase a DSLR

Question
Hi Barry,

I am Aditya from India. I am learning photography and need to upgrade to a DSLR from a point and shoot camera. I have a limited budget and have shortlisted 3-4 camera options. I would really appreciate if you could help me in choosing the right option.
The options that Iíve shortlisted are as below:
Nikon D3300
Canon 600D
Canon 1200D

Answer
I don't know I can answer your question directly but; I have a Nikon D40 and have had Nikon cameras for over 30 years, so I can tell you that they work and they work well. My wife and daughters have Canon cameras (Rebel T2's I think) and they love the cameras. If you can find a way to hold each camera you might find that the particular weight and grip of the camera is slightly different. This fact alone can make the choice for you. Some cameras have specific options for specific types of photography. For example someone who wants to shoot sports or wildlife would want to get a camera that has the fastest shutter speed possible; for someone who wants to shoot night photos you would want the most latitude in ASA  settings and the lowest f stop on the lens possible. There are many many options for each camera. I hope you can see online some reviews of the three choices you have selected. In the end for me it was my ability to hold and 'feel' the camera that made my decision for me. I hope this helps.
Barry

Photography

Barry Benjamin