Photography/Combo Camera product.

Question
Dear Akshay

Which will be a better Choice for video Recording?. Digital Camera or Camcorder?.

Will there be combo products available for video Recording, video playback and still images capture?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant,

Most cameras available in the market today are combo products, including mobile phones.

The general guideline is that you get what you pay for.

If you're primarily going to be shooting stills, then a DSLR or a mirrorless camera will work well, and they also do video if that is needed.

If the intention is video production, then any camcorder will, of course, be better suited for the job. Most camcorders will also allow you to capture stills.
Over the last few years, GoPros have become a very popular name for their small form factor and rugged bodies. The cameras that they make (e.g. Hero 3+) can now even record video at 4k. While they allow for still captures as well, 4K video is around 8 megapixels, so any single screen grab from the video generated therein will prove more than sufficient.

I hope that helps.
Happy shooting!

Akshay.

Photography

Akshay Singh Jamwal