Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Cramping in Sartorius Muscle

Chris wrote at 2009-01-07 13:49:16
I actually disagree. The sartorius may be overcompensating for another stabilizer and thus over worked, so strengthen culd make it worse. Look at the whole movement pattern, not just the individual muscles before you start to rehab.

Bill wrote at 2010-06-27 08:33:46
I know this is an old post, but hopefully it can still benefit. I frequently get these cramps and have gotten them since I was a teenager (am now 30). By far its the worst pain I ever experience. When I was younger I didn't know what to do about them and literally wished I was dead. I would just be up for hours with the inner-thigh cramps. This muscle is a really hard one to stretch.

Now I find that as soon as the crap occurs I start drinking tons of water. Maybe 36 - 40 oz or so (three straight glasses). This actually eases the cramp in about 1 - 2 minutes. Doesn't seem like the water would actually have enough time to actually be absorbed by your tissues. Might be some other signaling mechanism occurring hear, but I'll be damn if it doesn't work every time.

I suspect in my case the issue is an electrolyte imbalance. No idea how I can prove that though

Kurt wrote at 2013-02-14 08:08:43
I also have the cramp described by Kathy in Okla.City. The cramp is embedded within the medial portion of the upper leg I've had both a dislocated shoulder and a ruptured achilles tendon and I can honesty say this cramp is more painful, although of shorter duration (about 5 min.)I've had great experience with physical therapists in the past, but this one stumps them all, probably because it's rare. I have them at night after a workout (XC skiing right now). I've tried muscle relaxants, Quinine, stretches and exercises, all to no avail. Fortunately, they occur fewer than 5 times per month, but I still hope someone can figure out what causes, and what might prevent this cramp.

jake wrote at 2015-07-20 09:55:04
I reckon the answer to our problems is no an over the counter vitamin..

I'm sure it's got something to do with our feet..either fallen archers or heel misalignment which causes the knee and the hip to fall out of place and overworking the sartorius muscle.

Something to chew over... as soon as get the finances to see a podiatrist,I'll post the results up here.. In the meantime,I'm open to criticism feel free to shoot me down...  

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

Bryan Ruchin, PT, DPT, MSPT