Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/extreme pain

Question
i went to have a blood test from elbow, next  day ater blood test i felt extreme pain in my whole right hand with a bruising i went to a doctor she gave me ibrufen for a week that helped in lessning pain but the pain was on and of there its been 9 months and the pain is now increasing with swelling and tingling fingers my doctor prescribed me profedin swelling is gone but and there is lesser pain but i knw once i will leav taking anti inflammatory drug it will come up, i had an xray and evrything is clear , can u plx telling to what i m going through and the permannt solution of it

Answer
I would suspect that you have RSD or CRPS.  Look it up on the web.  Go see a board certified hand surgeon (www.assh.org) immediately and get into therapy.  If it is RSD, you have a very complicated disturbance in the way your body processes different types of sensation, pain, etc.  Usually untreated swelling is a big factor in this.

This usually doesn't get better on its own and needs treatment to correct.

Good luck

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

Brian Neville, OTR/L, CWCE