Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/extreme pain

i went to have a blood test from elbow, next  day ater blood test i felt extreme pain in my whole right hand with a bruising i went to a doctor she gave me ibrufen for a week that helped in lessning pain but the pain was on and of there its been 9 months and the pain is now increasing with swelling and tingling fingers my doctor prescribed me profedin swelling is gone but and there is lesser pain but i knw once i will leav taking anti inflammatory drug it will come up, i had an xray and evrything is clear , can u plx telling to what i m going through and the permannt solution of it

I would suspect that you have RSD or CRPS.  Look it up on the web.  Go see a board certified hand surgeon ( immediately and get into therapy.  If it is RSD, you have a very complicated disturbance in the way your body processes different types of sensation, pain, etc.  Usually untreated swelling is a big factor in this.

This usually doesn't get better on its own and needs treatment to correct.

Good luck

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

Brian Neville, OTR/L, CWCE

I can answer questions about both conservative and post-operative rehabilitation for UPPER extremity injuries. These include but are not limited to: fractures, tendon repairs, tendon transfers, nerve repairs, lacerations, tenolysis procedures, TFCC injuries, repetitive motion disorders, reconstructive procedures. I have an advanced knowledge of UPPER extremity anatomy and industrial rehabilitation. I have extensive splinting skills for injuries to the upper extremity. Although not a physician or a surgeon I have worked closely with world renowned upper extremity specialists for over 10 years. I can give general information on what some of the most common upper extremity surgeries involve. I can reference those procedures as well. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE NECK, SHOULDER, ARM/HAND. I'M NOT QUALIFIED AND KNOW ABSOLUTELY ZERO ABOUT BACKS/HIPS/KNEES/ANKLES/ETC. THANK YOU!!!

10+ years working closely with orthopedic and hand surgeons and their patients. I have treated patients with small lacerations to major reconstructive procedures. My knowledge base includes both conservative and post-operative rehab protocols and care for upper extremity injuries. I have treated patients all the way from day 1 post-op to return-to-work status.

Kentucky Occupational Therapy Association American Society of Hand Therapy National Nurses in Business Association Roy Matheson and Associates

RSD article

Occupational Therapist former Certified Hand Therapist (license currently inactive) Deep Physical Agent Modalities Instructor Certified Work Capacity Evaluator