Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Shoulder Problems

Question
Hello,
I know you can't diagnose online but I am looking for a bit of advice.
I went to the Dr. about a year ago because of shoulder pain.  I have it from time to time, the shoulder that causes me problems is "high" because I have scoliosis.  Seems to get worse in the cold weather and around PMS time when it acts up. A year or so ago when I went to the Dr. he took an x-ray and nothing showed up.  I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a specialist.
What is going on now is it again hurts and it pops and I have a numb or almost burning feeling under my arm and on my chest. Sometimes it goes down into my arm and hand.  
What can I do for the discomfort to get me by?  Does this sound like a pinched nerve? I have had my husband rub cream on it and I have taken some ibuprofen, if it helps it is very minimal.  My neck on both sides hurt too. Thanks.

Answer
Dear Mara,
Yes without looking it is very hard to diagnose your condition. It is better if I could know your age. But ok. I can just think the following thing.
1. When it briefly study the brief complain that you have given me , I just feel that this is a impingement syndrome(Nerve compression at your cervical[neck] spine). or sometimes because of your neck muscle spasm this can be happen.

2. Or this can be frozen shoulder. but 1>2. Are you a diabetes patient.

So dear Mara these might be the reasons.

Ibuprofen is a pain killer. And rubbing cream just give a temporary relief. So please I feel that you need a cervical spine manipulation and release the muscle spasm in your neck. So this can be done by only physiotherapy. So please prior to this you have to go to physio and diagnose the problem you have and then you have to start the things.

Thanks.  

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara