Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Enquiry on Nuero Rehab

Question
Hi Doctor

My son is 4yrs old and is a patient of Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, he had 1hr of CPR done and resulted in HIE.

His all other organs are fine other than Brain
We had done MRI and have observed some areas impacted.

Dr's have said its Nuero Rehabilitation center that can help.

Can you please advise me and also suggest best Nuero Rehabilitation center in world wide.

Rajiv

Answer
Dear Rajiv,
Really this may be a birth injury. But the information that you have given is not sufficient. But I have to say the improvement of your child is depend on the skill of the physiotherapist. Because this has to handle very carefully and the best way.
Though I have specialized in Paediatrics physiotherapy I am not in a position to help your kid. If you can upload a video clip of your kid to my mail I can give some comment how we can plan the treatment and which way we have to go.
Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara